If you have a fire or water emergency, please call us now at (630) 377-7062

To have the optimal experience while using this site, you will need to update your browser. You may want to try one of the following alternatives:

Fire & Water - Cleanup & Restoration

Why does mold grow in my home?

How does mold get in my house?

Mold is a decomposing fungus that has spores everywhere. Turing over dirt, buying mulch, or having a pet causes your home to have mold. The spores are too tiny to see and they are everywhere. But nobody wants it to grow in our home.

This home had been damaged first by a pipe burst. Mold takes about 24-48 hours to grow from the spore to visible fuzziness on your walls. In order to keep mold from growing it imperative to remove the water and start the drying process. However, if you do get mold call SERVPRO of St. Charles / Geneva / Batavia, your local mold cleanup specialists.